sentimental value

Saturday, August 28, 2004

i recently had an insight on something that i had to write about immediately...

i am a very sentimental person and what i mean by this is that i love attaching meanings to simple stuff sometimes even pieces of paper that according to my mom looks like junk... my mom on the other hand just loves to throw away useless stuff or at least those that look useless... this is a serious source of conflict since there are some stuff that i do not want thrown away but she insists...


why am i saying this...well, even if i could hate my mom for doing what she wants sometimes i really have to prove myself right that keeping some "useless" stuff is also good and now i have proof... after scanning through some of my junk i stumbled upon a handwritten letter from my mom which dates back 8 years ago (10-24-96)! there was even a time as to when exactly the letter had been written (3:25pm) if my math is right then i was only ten at the time... this seemingly "useless" paper was a letter for me saying that while my mom was at the seminar she was thinking of me...right pretty sappy... but my point here is that certain stuff such as these should not be just thrown away... aside from the simple yet very sincere message that it carries, the value attached to it is priceless!


somehow, this insight has let me to believe that i am still sane and that my mom's constant nagging of throwing stuff away has to stop...who knows another "useless" piece of paper may actually turn up at the right time and show how meaningful a relationship a mother and son should have...

0 comments: